DUBLIN, April 8, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Passenger Rail Transport Global Market Report 2022: By Service Type, By Application” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global passenger rail transport market as it emerges from the COVID-19 shut down.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 50+ geographies
- Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis
- Identify growth segments for investment
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings
- Benchmark performance against key competitors
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
Major companies in the passenger rail transport market include China Railway Corporation, Central Japan Railway Co, Duetsche Bahn AG, East Japan Railway Co, Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane SpA, Indian Railways, FirstGroup PLC, JSC Russian Railways, Swiss Federal Railways, and Canadian Pacific Railway.
The global passenger rail transport market is expected to grow from $227.21 billion in 2021 to $250.93 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.4%. The market is expected to grow to $357.84 billion in 2026 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.3%.
The passenger rail transport market consists of sales of passenger rail transportation services and related goods by entities (organizations, sole traders, and partnerships) that use trains to provide transport for passengers from a station where they board the train to a destination station.
The main types in the passenger rail transport market are medium-distance passenger transport, long-distance passenger transport, and short-distance passenger transport. The medium-distance passenger transport use trains to provide transport for passengers from a station to reach medium distance. The market is segmented by service type into transportation and services allied to transportation (maintenance of railcars and rail tracks, switching of cargo, and storage) and by application into city and rural.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the passenger rail transport market in 2021. Western Europe was the second largest region in the passenger rail transport market. The regions covered in this report are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) technology is becoming popular in the rail transportation industry to optimize energy usage, enhance operational management, safety and aid in cost reduction. These systems provide automatic warning, protection, operation, supervision, and control arrangement. They also aid in meeting stringent government regulations towards passenger safety. Around 60 million units of advanced driver assistance systems were produced globally. Some companies providing these systems for locomotives are Thales Group, Alstom S.A., Bombardier Transportation Hitachi Ltd., CRRC Corporation limited, Ansaldo STS, and SIEMENS AG.
The countries covered in the passenger rail transport market report are Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Structure
3. Passenger Rail Transport Market Characteristics
3.1. Market Definition
3.2. Key Segmentations
4. Passenger Rail Transport Market Product Analysis
4.1. Leading Products/ Services
4.2. Key Features and Differentiators
4.3. Development Products
5. Passenger Rail Transport Market Supply Chain
5.1. Supply Chain
5.3. End Customers
6. Passenger Rail Transport Market Customer Information
6.1. Customer Preferences
6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Passenger Rail Transport Market Trends And Strategies
8. Impact Of COVID-19 On Passenger Rail Transport
9. Passenger Rail Transport Market Size And Growth
9.1. Market Size
9.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
9.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
9.2.2. Restraints On The Market
9.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
9.3.1. Drivers Of The Market
9.3.2. Restraints On The Market
10. Passenger Rail Transport Market Regional Analysis
10.1. Global Passenger Rail Transport Market, 2021, By Region, Value ($ Billion)
10.2. Global Passenger Rail Transport Market, 2016-2021, 2021-2026F, 2031F, Historic And Forecast, By Region
10.3. Global Passenger Rail Transport Market, Growth And Market Share Comparison, By Region
11. Passenger Rail Transport Market Segmentation
11.1. Global Passenger Rail Transport Market, Segmentation By Type, Historic and Forecast, 2016-2021, 2021-2026F, 2031F, $ Billion
- Medium-Distance Passenger Transport
- Long-Distance Passenger Transport
- Short-Distance Passenger Transport
11.2. Global Passenger Rail Transport Market, Segmentation By Service Type, Historic and Forecast, 2016-2021, 2021-2026F, 2031F, $ Billion
- Services Allied to Transportation (Maintenance of Railcars and Rail Tracks, Switching of Cargo, and Storage)
11.3. Global Passenger Rail Transport Market, Segmentation By Application, Historic and Forecast, 2016-2021, 2021-2026F, 2031F, $ Billion
12. Passenger Rail Transport Market Metrics
12.1. Passenger Rail Transport Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, 2016-2026, Global
12.2. Per Capita Average Passenger Rail Transport Market Expenditure, 2016-2026, Global
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ae38mj
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets